Device compatible with eSIM in India
Is an electronic SIM card preferable to a physical SIM card? Many modern mobile devices offer both, but which one is better?
One feature of the new iPhone 13 and the Pixel 6 that you might not be familiar with is called eSIM.
The embedded SIM, or eSIM, is a more compact alternative to the standard SIM card that is increasingly found on modern smartphones. But what exactly is an eSIM and should you get one if you have an older phone? Okay, let’s check this out.
|Is e-SIM useful for Indians?|
What is e-sim?
An eSIM is a SIM card that has been implanted. It functions similarly to or in place of the physical SIM card that connects the phone to the mobile network, although it is much smaller.
The primary distinction between eSIM and physical SIM cards is that, unlike regular SIM cards, eSIM is permanently attached to the phone’s (or other device’s) motherboard. You don’t have to insert it, and you can’t take it out. That doesn’t imply you can’t change numbers or carriers because the data on an eSIM is rewritable.
eSIM cards employ the same technology as regular SIM cards and operate on the same GSM network.
Can I use eSIM?
To utilize eSIM, you must be with a carrier that supports it and has a suitable phone. Most major carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, EE in the United Kingdom, and over 120 internationally, support eSIM.
At the time, the majority of these phones support dual SIM cards. They have a physical SIM slot as well as an eSIM slot. Over time, all phones and tablets will exclusively use eSIM. Because of its small size, it may become a regular feature in Internet-of-Things devices, though a newer and far smaller technology known as ISIM is just around the way.
How to set up an eSIM card
The SIM card is inserted into the tray of most phones to connect to the network. But how can you connect an eSIM phone that does not utilize a SIM card?
It depends on the gadget you have and whether you purchased it along with your cellular plan or added it separately. If you purchase the plan separately, you will receive an eSIM activation card with a QR code that you must scan on your phone.
Navigate to Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data) > Add Cellular Plan and scan the code when prompted.
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Add to configure your eSIM. Follow the onscreen instructions and select “Use two numbers” when required. Of course, this is dependent on your Android version and phone.
What are the benefits of eSIM?
Is an eSIM superior to a real SIM? The key advantage of eSIM is its compact size.
- Nano SIMs may appear small at first glance, but with a surface area of 108.24 mm2 (0.17 sq in), they are more than three times larger than an eSIM, which is only 30 mm2 (0.05 sq in).
- Consider the additional size of the SIM tray and card reader within the device before proceeding. These are no longer required with embedded technology.
- This not only frees up space for more components or a larger battery but also allows manufacturers to redesign the internal arrangement of their gadgets.
- An eSIM does not need to be close to the phone’s edge, making waterproofing devices considerably easier.
- We also provide advantages for users. There are no cumbersome cards to deal with, and you won’t need to go for a paperclip if you need to remove the SIM tray.
- And, as previously said, eSIM allows devices to easily support dual SIM functionality. This is perfect if you want separate personal and work phone numbers or if you are traveling internationally.
- Dual-SIM phones make it much easier to connect to a local network and avoid the costly roaming charges that come with your regular plan.
Device compatible with eSIM
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series, as well as the previous iPhone 11, XS, and XR models, all employ an eSIM Device compatible with eSIM. eSIM is also supported by the tiny iPhone SE.
|Google’s Pixel||Pixel 2, Pixel 5, 6, and 7|
|Samsung||Galaxy S20, S21, S22, Fold series, Flip series, and Note 20 series.|
|Huawei||P40 and P40 Pro|
|Moto||Moto Razr 2019|
As more Android phones adopt new technologies, there’s a strong chance your next update will include it.
Other gadgets that employ eSIM include the cellular versions of the Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy Watch, and Huawei Watch. Because Windows 10 and Windows 11 like Device compatible with eSIM, always-connected laptops may become more prevalent in the future.
Read More Articles:
Device compatible with eSIM in India