Twitter name change to X.com: Elon Musk’s Unconventional Obsession with ‘X’
Do you want to know what Elon Musk and the letter ‘X’ have in common? This strange letter seems to follow Musk everywhere, from businesses to kids. He even changed the name of Twitter to “X” now, which left many people confused. Today, we’re going on a trip to find out why Elon Musk is so interested in ‘X’ all the time. Let’s dive in!
1. X.com: Let’s start from the start of the Craze Elon Musk started x.com, an online bank, in 1999, a long time before Tesla and SpaceX. Even though things looked good at first, fate had other plans. Within two years, the bank had merged with another business, and Musk had lost his job as CEO. But ‘X’ kept drawing people in, sowing the seeds for future events.
2. PayPal and X: coming back. In 2001, “x.com” combined with another company, creating what we now call “PayPal,” a revolutionary payment company. Musk was no longer involved in the project, but his love for ‘X’ did not change. In 2017, sixteen years later, he bought the name from “PayPal” so he could get back in touch with “X.com.”
3. Tesla’s Model X: A Creation from Heaven In 2015, Tesla showed off the Model X, an electric SUV that was the first of its kind. With features and safety scores that were unmatched, it quickly became a big deal in the car world. We’ll soon find out that Musk’s love for ‘X’ didn’t just stay on the ground.
4. SpaceX is taking the letter ‘X’ to new heights Elon Musk’s audacity went beyond Earth with SpaceX, a company that explores space and wants to make people live in more than one world. SpaceX was the first private company to send a spaceship into space when it was launched in 2002. This was a huge achievement. Musk’s love of the letter ‘X’ is clear from the name of his company, ‘SpaceX’.
X Æ A-12 Musk
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 5, 2020
5. ‘X’ Marks the Spot: Even in Progeny Love, Musk’s love for ‘X’ goes beyond his work and into his personal life. When he had a baby with Canadian singer Grimes in 2020, the baby was given the name “X A-12.” Grimes later explained that means “love” and “A-12” comes from the US Air Force ship Archangel-12, which at first confused a lot of people.
6. The Mystery Is Being Solved: Why ‘X’? The most interesting thing about this mystery is that there is no clear answer. Elon Musk himself doesn’t know where his love for ‘X’ came from. But he does say that ‘X’ has a lot of different styles and options, which makes it a good choice for big projects.
Elon Musk’s obsession with the letter ‘X’ has us all fascinated and curious. From ‘x.com’ to ‘PayPal,’ ‘Model X’ to ‘SpaceX,’ and even the name he gave his child, the ‘X-factor’ shines bright in Musk’s life. We don’t know what other ‘X’ mysteries the future holds, but one thing is for sure: ‘X’s’ draw in Elon Musk’s world is an interesting phenomenon that continues to capture our imaginations. Maybe the ‘X’ has a secret power that unlocks amazing possibilities that keep Musk moving forward in his quest for innovation and adventure. Only time will tell the whole story of the ‘X’ mystery. Keep an eye out for more!