YouTube Partner Program (YPP) Made Simpler: Earning Money on YouTube is Now Even Easier
With the platform’s recent changes, earning money on YouTube has become even easier. The new policy is expected to attract an increased number of vloggers and content creators, who will be able to monetize their channels with fewer subscribers than previously.
The YouTube Partner Programme (YPP) on YouTube is the first step in earning money from the video streaming platform. When you qualify for the programme, YouTube begins sharing advertising revenue with you, granting you access to all of the platform’s resources and monetization features. In addition, the creator support team is available to help you along the way. The YPP programme has recently become more accessible, with three key criteria:
- 1500+ Subscribers: Previously, a minimum of 1,000 subscribers was required to monetize your channel. However, YouTube has lowered the threshold, allowing channels with 500 or more subscribers to join the YPP.
- Watch Time: The required watch time for eligibility has also been adjusted. Instead of the previous requirement of 4,000 hours of watch time in a year, channels must now accumulate at least 3,000 hours.
- Views of Shorts: The most significant change is related to shorts, which are short-form vertical videos. Previously, creators needed 10 million views on short films within 90 days to qualify. With the new policy, only 3 million views will be required for this purpose.
These YPP programme changes went into effect on June 13, 2023.
new youtube monetization policy
To capitalise on these monetization opportunities, creators must take the following steps:
- Log in to ‘YouTube Studio‘ on your phone or laptop.
- To access the Earn feature, click on your profile picture.
- Tap Apply and carefully review and accept all of the conditions.
- Set up your ‘AdSense’ account, which is the platform’s advertising programme.
- After you complete these steps, your application will be sent to YouTube for review.
- You should receive a response within a month indicating whether or not your application was approved.
It’s important to note that the decision to add AdSense to your channel is entirely up to YouTube. If your application is rejected, you can reapply after a month. Now that you understand the procedure, start creating engaging content, particularly short videos, and embark on your journey to earning money on YouTube.
YouTube’s new policy changes make monetization more accessible, allowing aspiring creators with smaller subscriber bases to earn revenue. This move is likely to attract more vloggers and content creators to the platform, fostering creativity and diversity in the YouTube community.
YouTube Partner Program (YPP)